No matter what kind of surgery is you going to undergo, there are a few questions that you be taking care of and be prepared with beforehand. This is the only chance you’ll get to make sure you trust your service provider and have no doubts about his or her abilities to operate on you risk-free and it’s worth the money.
It is not a very light decision to take that you want to go under the knife. It’ll be a life altering decision and for that, you should be sure that you are giving away yourself in trusted hands. If you have done this several times or this is your first, take a tour of these questions that should be in your head before you hit your Cosmetic consultant for your surgery:-
- Qualifications: – Make sure that your surgeon is a qualified professional from a reputed college. That’ll not only give you an assurance of their well-lit background but also comprehend that they are not a fake.
- What professional bodies are you a member of? : – Mostly all plastic surgeons are part of some or the other association, ask them if they are or not and you can understand a lot about them from the association they have.
- Experience of the procedure: – It is a good question to ask if you want to enlighten yourself about how long have they been doing it. It’ll give you an idea of how much hold have they achieved in their profession. There are a lot of pros and cons to such surgeries depending upon your skin type, health etc., make sure to discuss all this with your surgeon and ask if there are other options that you may explore.
- Understand the procedure: – There is no harm in understanding the procedure you are about to undergo, so take clarity on each and every step of the process. You don’t want to get surprised, so keep yourself updated with the possible risks and achievements that may happen. Also, understand the alternate treatments if there are any available. Take multiple opinions for your better understanding. Take definite regular follow ups with your surgeon. To make sure you are happy with the results, you’ll have to be in continuous contact for regular dressings and check-ups. A good surgeon will give you clear answers if they have spent a considerable time in this profession.
- Ask for pictures or references: – This may come handy in comprehending the procedure and the results. Though the results will completely depend on the individual anatomy of every patient and hence, you should not always expect your result to be the same as others, chances are they have an extremely different anatomy than you. Do not force them to show everything, as there is a policy of privacy. Respect the privacy and ask for pictures only if the patient has given their consent for it. Ask for references, because it would be the best if you can get in touch with one of the patients to check if they had satisfactory results and how all did they go about it.