The dental implant acts as the replacement for the root of a missing tooth. It is a surgical fixture that is placed into the jawbone and is allowed to fuse with the bone over the span of few months. The artificial tooth root serves to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. The implants are metal posts or frames that are positioned into the jawbone beneath your gums. The replacement tooth root provides a strong foundation for fixed or removable replacement teeth made to match your natural teeth. The cost of the dental implant is much less than other replacement options. A dental implant is the most natural looking replacement option which can brighten up your smile.
The advantages of Dental Implants are –
- The dental implants look and feel like your own teeth as they are designed to fuse with the bone for becoming natural looks.
- Dental implants allow the patient to speak without any worry about teeth slip. The teeth can slip into the mouth causing the individual to mumble or slur your words.
- Dental implants provide improved comfort. Implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- It makes the eating easier. The dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat the favorite foods without pain.
- Dental implants will back your smile on your face and help you feel better about yourself. After the implant, you will have improved oral health.
- The dental implant process is durable and lasts for many years. Many implants last a lifetime with good care.
- The dental implant process eliminates the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures.
The dental implant process is related to the bonding of the implant with your jawbone. It reduces the slipping associated with dentures and also simulates the healthy bone formation. A dental surgeon first examines the area to be considered for the dental implant and makes a clinical assessment of whether the patient is a good candidate for a dental implant. Dental implants are conservative with missing teeth that it can be replaced without affecting or altering the adjacent teeth. The dental implants integrate into the bone structure. They are stable and look like natural teeth. Dental implants allow you to keep your teeth where they belong – in your mouth. There is no need to worry now with the dentures might slip or fall out.
It can be a real struggle to adjust the removable dentures and one can experience the full taste of the food with dental implants. Dental implants are fixed in place and fuse naturally with your jawbone, meaning your replacement teeth won’t move. The patient needs to have healthy gums to receive implants and also stay committed to keeping the healthy structures. This treatment has the track record reliable and successful outcomes. Dental implants are intimately connected with the gum tissues and underlying bone in the mouth. Implant dentistry will enable you to eat your favorite food and solve the speech problem. The dental implants are also categorized into different parts depending on the number of injured tooth. Consultation with the dental doctor is necessary before commending the dental implant process.